Monday, November 30, 2009

sweep, sweep, sweep, scrub, scrub, scrub

Monday, November 30, 2009

Well, today was obviously they day the study abroad advisors were coming to visit Jardines. The plants were trimmed, our rooms cleaned double, and we even have a Christmas tree and decorations in the lobby! WHOA. I met Tim Dohmen at school today, between classes. Paula introduced us as I walked to Grammar. I’m pretty sure I’ve met with him once or twice, but whatever. He said that we can pick wherever we want to go tomorrow for dinner (and it can even be expensive, since it’s on Father Dease’s tab)! Haha. Hmm…well I’d like to go to the Indian restaurant in Nerja—is that too much to ask? J

We had a sub today in Culture. It was the same sub I had had in POE, so I think she recognized me. People in the class were being so stupid—I felt like I was back in grade school! They were trying to tell her we were doing something different than we were supposed to. I had talked with her before class for a little and I think she just stuck with what I told her. Ugh. People can be annoying! Well, regardless, we finished our book, so I don’t know what we’re gonna do for the last 2 days in that class! YIKES! Only 2 more days of Monday-Wednesday classes! Grammar was the same old, same old…I’ll be glad to be done with that class!

Once I got back to Jardines, the ladies were cleaning even MORE. It was ridiculous! Fig was upstairs frantically doing laundry (thank goodness!), Julia was scrubbing the marble floors, and Scarlett was making lunch. I was half convinced they were gonna stay here! When the group finally arrived, I had been on the other side of the residence giving Fig some more laundry to do and had to walk past them. Paula goes “well, there’s one of our students, probably going to clean her room…haha.” Funny, because I actually DID. Fig was a little scary about making sure we did… Anyway, I heard them walking around, but they never made it into my room. I think they liked it…

Lunch was unfortunate. I thought that because we had those people stop by that maybe we’d have something good. I guess it’s a good thing they didn’t say for lunch because we literally got 2 appetizers. It was this salad that we sometimes get before the main course, plus this other stew that we sometimes get for a starter. I was confused. Regardless, it was pretty tasty…just not that filling. Maybe a Shawarma is in the works for this evening if dinner isn’t up to par either.

I started working on a video of all of my photos and video clips that I have so far. Well, the ones that are on THIS computer…and I’m really hoping to get the other ones off of my old one! As of right now, it’s running at about 1 hour and 35 minutes. Maybe I could afford to lose those other photos! Haha. I just thought this would be a good way to show people what I did. I’ll put in little titles and captions where necessary, so it’ll be like you all were right there with me! (Except for that hanging camel-head photo. You really had to be there to get the real feel for that.)

Well, I’m off to finish up some homework and work some more on the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment