Thursday, November 26, 2009

¡Feliz día de acción de gracias!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Well there’s not much to say. It’s a month until Christmas! And…classes were pretty boring. We learned about the Gypsies in culture class, which was sorta fun because we watched a movie. I plan on going to one of their markets our professor told us about. I guess there are 2 main ones in Granada, neither of which are very far away from Jardines. I have no idea what I’d buy (I don’t really need any spices or woven baskets), but I’m sure it would still just be fun to look!

I wish I was back in Morocco! Everyone’s really sick, so it’s kinda quiet around Jardines. I spent most of the day doing homework and just trying to blog about everything. It’s hard to remember everything that happened!

In the evening, we had chicken nuggets for dinner! Will ate almost the whole plate at our table, which was ok considering Daryl and Merete were both sick and eating tortillas, and I just wasn’t very hungry. Still, that doesn’t top the 21 (!) he ate on Daryl’s birthday last time we had them, haha.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

¡Feliz día de acción de gracias!

Tonight we’re going to the nicest restaurant in Granada for a Thanksgiving dinner. It won’t be nearly as nice as having Mom’s food, but it’ll be close (plus I hear they’re having tofurkey anyway…). We get sweet potatoes, turkey and, of course, pumpkin pie! I really hope they have good recipes, haha.

Today in class, Mariangeles felt bad we had to be there, since we’re so used to not having class Thanksgiving day…but that didn’t change anything. Work, work, work. However, almost half of both of my classes were gone anyway. “Traveling”.

After class Will and I walked around a bit to try and work up an appetite. We didn’t make it far…only to Dunkin Coffee before Will decided he wanted something to snack on. And by snack on, he meant buy a box of 6. Oh well, no complaints.

We went back to Jardines and I streamed the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. It was awesome! I didn’t watch the whole thing because Ill wanted me to cut his hair. We’re supposed to dress up really fancy for the dinner tonight, so he thought it would be nice to have a clean-cut hair cut for the evening. I think it looks good! Now I’m all dressed and ready to go. Yippee! I feel bad for everyone who is still sick…maybe they can bring home a plate of food and freeze it until they feel better!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment