Thursday, November 5, 2009

Remember, remember...

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Remember, remember, the 5th of November. Well, my 5th of November wasn’t that memorable. Nothing truly exciting happened. I had 4 hours of class that felt like it was 8 hours, and now I’m working on a TON of homework for my culture class tomorrow. Our teacher is mad that we have so many holidays (Saint this day and Saint that day) so she’s making us do all the work outside of class instead. Yipee. Oh, and that’s why I have class tomorrow (if you haven’t noticed, we don’t have classes on Fridays normally, but we do tomorrow for a “make up”). I need a gelato.

However, we did have a good lunch. We had this really good pumpkin soup with croutons, and then fries and pork. It was really yummy and made up for the long day of classes. Still, I think I need a gelato. It has been far, far too long.

OH! Wait! There was something exciting that did technically happen today…at around 6:30am. I woke up and had no idea why, but I checked my phone and then went back to sleep. I woke up and had this really weird feeling because I had had a really weird dream about an earthquake (which I thought was because of a Monk episode I watched…) but I guess there ACTUALLY was an earthquake about 20 miles away from Granada this morning. Daryl told me later today that she felt her bed moving a little, and that’s why she woke up. WEIRD. No one else really felt it, but everyone was talking about it today at CLM.

Tonight, Florian helped me get money on my phone. Here was the problem: Last Friday, right before we left I had Will run to put money on my phone. It turns out the guy at the store put the money on a different phone! He typed the number in wrong because he was busy talking to some other guy in the store, so it went to “857” instead of “057”. UGH! Someone got my 10 Euros! So, I couldn’t do anything about it until we got back on Monday, but by then they were closed. And then I had my project and stuff, so today was the first time I had some free time! I took Florian with me because I thought it might end up being an awkward situation. He managed to convince the guy to at least TRY and get the 10 Euros off the other phone and onto mine. The guy in the store was SO shocked when it worked—because it had been 6 days! I guess whoever got my money didn’t use it! Yay! Anyway, that made me happy.

Today I was looking online and saw that Ringling Bros. Barnum and Bailey (gold unit) are going to be in Sevilla, Malaga and Madrid. I’m seriously considering going down to Malaga next weekend to go see it! I emailed Jim from Circus4youth.com and asked if he knew anyone on the show, and he said he knew a couple people. I guess there is a really good Cloud Swing act! It would probably make me REALLY miss circus, but I think it would be a ton of fun! I asked some people if they’d want to make a day trip down to Malaga to go see it, and I think there are at least a couple people who are interested! I’m super excited!

Well, I better finish this homework. Or maybe I’ll go get a gelato…tough decision ;)

M

1 comment: